The Hypnobabies Home-Study Course for Expectant Mothers is for women who want to ENJOY their baby’s natural birth by using hypnosis to eliminate pain and fear but cannot attend a Hypnobabies Class, or simply want to study on their own. Hypnobabies Home-Study Course is an advanced Hypnosis for Childbirth course, using CDs and our Hypnobabies Workbook to prepare for a much easier and more comfortable birth experience.
Interested in purchasing the Hypnobabies Home Study course? Learn about it here.
For some couples, the Home Study is the perfect for their needs. For those who are using the Hypnobabies home study course, I offer a class called a Home Study Advantage. This course is a 3 hour session in which we will review all of your Hypnobabies cues and techniques, watch some Hypnobabies birth videos, answer any questions you may have that came up during your study and then do a birth rehearsal to allow you and your partner become familiar with how all of your Hypnobabies tools work together as you practice them in different positions and scenarios. The class is held in your home. I also offer support and encouragement throughout your time using the home study program via email and phone, acting as your “instructor” from afar.
My fee for the course is $150 (and possibly a small travel fee, depending on your distance from my house). I ask for a non-refundable deposit of the first half of the fee when we schedule your class in order to reserve your spot on my calendar and the second half is due on the day of your class. If you are interested in learning more about a Home Study Advantage course, please contact me.
Wondering whether to use the home study or take a group course? While the Hypnobabies® program can be successfully learned at home, participating in a group class has many benefits over home study. The Hypnobabies Home Study Course has much of the basic information as our local classes, but not all.
In Hypnobabies Group Classes, we also provide:
- More detailed information on course material based on instructor observation and experience
- Additional handouts
- 5 Hypnobabies scripts in a booklet, including our very important Visualize Your Birth script (which is not in the home study course)
- Demonstrations of all Hypnobabies techniques
- Depth assessment of each student’s hypnosis levels by the Hypnobabies instructor
- Availability of the Hypnobabies instructor for support before, during, or after the birth
- Prenatal exercise demonstration and practice
- Full hands-on training for the birth partner, including the Birth Partner’s Guide Booklet and the Birth Partner’s Hypnosis CD
- Handouts and demonstrations covering the belly lift technique
- Optimal fetal positioning explanations and demonstrations to prevent posterior presentation
- Our birthing rehearsal in Class #6, which is invaluable for helping each hypno-mom fully understand and experience their Hypnobabies techniques in a birthing scenario, complete with birth balls, changing positions, walking etc. It is also great practice for the birth partners to use their deepening cues and techniques that help the mom so wonderfully during labor. This helps build the confidence level of Mom and the birth partner tremendously
- The FUN of interacting with other Hypnobabies couples!